Data Fair-Use Policy
Before you download HIPPO data, please first familiarize yourself with the HIPPO Data Fair Use agreement below and accept or decline the fair-use terms.
The HIPPO data provided on this public archive are freely available and were furnished by HIPPO researchers who encourage their use. Data users are encouraged to consider the following recommendations for fair, appropriate, and optimal use of data products.
HIPPO Scientist Interactions:
- Please kindly inform the HIPPO scientist(s) associated with each data product about the new data analysis activity near the beginning of the effort, and of any publication plans as the effort nears completion.
- Consult with the respective HIPPO scientist(s) concerning your data analysis plans to assure that the latest data product is being used and that it is being used appropriately.
- HIPPO science team members are listed at http://hippo.ucar.edu/team. Alternatively, initiate contact with Dr. Steven C. Wofsy (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lead Principal Investigator.
- Please acknowledge (1) the use of HIPPO data products with a citation as provided in the data archive documentation, and (2) website information downloads as a bibliographic web citation.
- Acknowledge the agency or organization (e.g., NSF and NOAA) that supported the collection of the original HIPPO data when publishing new analyses and results using HIPPO data products.
- Please submit a HIPPO publication reference or reprint at http://www.eol.ucar.edu/projects/hippo/publications/publication_refs.html of your independent work so that all publications resulting from HIPPO data products may be tracked, recorded, and referenced.